Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mangos

Ate first mango of this year yesterday night. R gave one to me, she had got it from NJ.
Smell of mango brings back memories.

Summer vacations at grand parents place,climbing trees,playing with cousins,reading lots of comic books etc was part of growing up till teens. Then got busy with college and tuitions and studies. Yet papa used to bring lots of mangos from market. One year he purchased more than 50 kilos of mangos :) whole house smelt of mangos. Iam not major mango fan as I like jack fruits more. Yet would like to eat the sweet ones. Last year didn't eat mangos as I was feeling home sick and lonely(first time away from home u see) as they would bring back vivid memories.
This year also was planning to do the same thing but didn't want to refuse when R offered.
The smell reminded me of my good old days with my dad around. How we made those "rasayanas" on Sunday mornings with dosas, it reminded me of my moms affection towards mangoes and how she used to sip the seed of it and we used to make fun of her saying "it would get stuck in the throat " or "the seed is pleading you to stop".
I guess no matter where you are past comes back and haunts you, in the form of words,smells,music,clothes.......
awww why am I so observant and emotional!!! how I wish I had heart of stone that would not pain .I guess its all part of being a human rather being a girl.

6 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, May 31, 2006 , Blogger Anveshi said...

Its Man goes not woman goes!

ಅಯ್ಯಯ್ಯೋ.... ನಿಮ್ಮ ಪ್ರಕಾರ,
humans ಮತ್ತು girls ಬೇರೆಬೇರೆನಾ?

 
At 9:04 AM, May 31, 2006 , Blogger Enigma said...

yup girls are entirely diff species :P which a peculiar cretaure called man cannot understand

 
At 10:38 AM, May 31, 2006 , Blogger Sarathy said...

Yyyes, Girls are not Humans. They are variable creatures, Variable WRT Men!! For some men they are Angels, For someothers Draculas, for few men they are Inspirational and for few other men they are a discourage and bla bla bla...

They have a representative here eating "Man"goes. Err...the Real ENIGMA...?!!

 
At 11:19 AM, May 31, 2006 , Blogger Enigma said...

:) yep.

 
At 11:46 AM, June 01, 2006 , Blogger Anu said...

Brought back memories of my own mango days! We do get mangoes outside India, but they are no comaprison for those at home. Anyway, no hope of getting my favourite Raspuri anywhere ouside.Sigh....!

 
At 7:23 PM, June 16, 2006 , Blogger Priyamvada_K said...

Nothing to beat a mango in taste and flavor. In my book, its the king of fruit.

Reading about your father reminded me of mine. He was quite the connoisseur of mangoes, bringing home basketfuls of various varieties :)

Priya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home