Thursday, November 10, 2005

Day 3

Yesterday i.e. Wednesday was a little busy day. Meetings after meetings mails after mails!
Had nice lunch with our client. We had been to Ruby Tuesday. A place near to our office. Weather was very gloomy. Windy and it started to rain. We drove down to that place by 12 noon.
Me being a pure veggie Had tough time choosing from menu. Finally with little help chose Veggie Wrap and French fries. Didn't feel like eating just salad on a cold day. We were talking and discussing about project people and other stuff , at times I just drifted off to my own world! As I always do., physically present mentally absent! My Veggie wrap was served and I was not sure whether to eat it or not. Iam not a person who tries to please or do things to impress people. But a team mate of mine was trying to butter the client manager!!. I didn't feel like eating the wrap so barely ate it. Finished my lunch with fries and manger was like want to go for dessert already I could feel my stomach uneasy , due to the food I ate or due to the smell of crab/chicken ordered by others dining with me! But my team mate was like oh "I'll give you company, I don't mind eating!!" I was like even if they ask him to polish their shoes he would have done it!. We were talking about some video shoot and family and work culture blah blah blah. In between I used to drift off and suddenly being pulled back by a question thrown at me. It was a nice Lunch though. We discussed about my driving lessons over the week end and steps towards getting a license etc etc. Came back office. Had a meeting at 2 pm. Meeting went on pretty well! Surprisingly I didn't fall asleep, may be my stomach was not too full and comfortable Was busy looking at other stuff after meeting. And Called off day by 5.30 pm.

A friend/colleague of mine was not keeping well . He was admitted in a hospital or 3 days and was back home. SO thought of making some dinner for him and visiting him. Came home Made dough for chapatti. Then kept for Dal. Stupid cooker just blew out all the water!! So had to remove the mess and keep in other cooker. Then kept for rice and was cleaning the mess. Made Dal realized that salt + chilli powder was more. A friend advised me puree a tomato and add it so did that. Then gave seasoning. And started making "Phulkas" for Thursday afternoon lunch.
"phulka" was taught to me by my room mate who is an amazing cook. Learnt quiet a bit from her. Like how to make Pav Bhaji,paneer mutter, mushroom mutter etc etc. She is from Bombay.
Made Phulkas packed the Lunch boxes. Packed for that guy too and freshened Up. By then it was 830. It was raining quiet heavily . My room mate came back form office and we started towards that persons place. He was staying in a friends place.
His family was here and now are in India. His wife gave birth to a baby girl and he had gone to visit them few days back they named their daughter "Yeshwi". He also has a son who is 6 years old. Poor chap was in very bad shape and didn't want to eat Dal rice!!! He wanted pickle aloo tikke and subway!!!!! After we went their we found out that he had "Dengu" Oh my god you should have seen the expression on my face!! . I told him he ash to thinks bout his wife and daughter and son . He has to take proper food and not bother about goody stuff for few days idlest. He would not listen!! We were talking for quiet sometime and came back home . Called up my friends and they said go take bath first it might be contagious . So people scared the hell out of me and forced me to take bath at 11 o Clock in the night. I had to wash my hair too!!. Had dinner after that and started talking to my friends over the phone. Realized it was high time for me to go to bed as I had to wake up very very early next day. So called it logical end of day by 12 am!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, November 10, 2005 , Blogger Thejas Rajaram said...

ahem.... ca dengu actually be prevented by taking bath??

 
At 11:21 AM, November 11, 2005 , Blogger Enigma said...

well by taking bath you would wash out most ofthe germs that are on the surface of your body so that reduces the risk of catching an infection. since Dengu is Viral there are all teh posisblities that you might catch it. So its better to wash yourself.

Well aim not Florence Nightingale :) Iam a simple normal person who wanted to help a friend whos family is not here. He is palnning to go back to india to Join his family so till then we all are taking care of him

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home